Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Five & Five - Scott McHenry

Five Questions and Five Photographs from Featured Photographers of April's Misfits With Cameras Photography Exhibit~


My next interview for the Five & Five is local photographer Scott McHenry.  I sat down with Scott via the internet and asked him about his world.



1. List your gear here:

Canon 7D.  Canon 50 D. Canon G12.
Tamron 10-24mm 3.5-5.6 Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Tamron 24-75mm 2.8 Tamron 18-270mm 4.5-5.6
Tamron 60mm 2.0 Macro. Canon 50mm 1.8 Canon 85mm 1.8 Canon 70-200mm L 2.8
Canon 100-400mm L 4.5-4.6 Lensbaby Fisheye.


2. Being a Canon man, is it difficult to get along with your Nikon owning friends?

Not really. I feel sorry for them. They have been victims of Nikon’s evil marketing campaigns led by Ashton Kutcher. They don’t know any better and it’s not their fault. I’m thinking of starting a rehab clinic for these poor lost souls.


3. Describe your style and / or your favorite subjects to shoot.

I am all over the place. I shoot what I see at the moment. I usually try to shoot in a photojournalistic style, I like to tell stories. I like urban landscapes, street photography, creating fine art, sports etc. A new interest is wedding photography. My business partner Tonya Cook and I are starting a new wedding business called Bokeh Studios that will be going public around the first of May.


4. You were published in the 2009 Capture Cincinnati photography book. How many movie deals did you get out of that?

Exactly none. That was a great feeling and helped to give me the confidence to show and sell my work. In 2011 I did seven shows including Final Friday and Midpoint Music Festival. I have my first real art gallery show coming up this summer, details to come soon.


5. Your Photography Bucket List - 5 places or people you would like to shoot:

1.      A portrait session with Bruce Springsteen
2.      World Cup Soccer Tournament
3.      Hawaii-Been there 3 times but never with a real camera.
4.      Africa
5.      Ireland/Scotland


1 comment:

  1. nice interview and great shots. that fog shot of the team has always been one of my favorites.

    debbie

    ReplyDelete